22 February 2018

Cyclone Gita

Cyclone Gita delivered the biggest waves I’ve seen with my eyes.
Pictures of Kirra and the Superbank in general have gone round the world. It was just huge.

I surfed Noosa but I was disappointed: Friday was still windy and poor, Saturday it seemed to be on a shopping centre at Christmas eve, but the swell was late, and still building at a very normal size. 
Sunday morning was still "normal" and then I left. 
However, I stopped on the road and took this footage with my cell phone at the open beach of Coolum, Sunshine Coast.

Honestly I don't know how those guys got there. The one you see paddling in the white water never moved from there. He gave up after 20 minutes.





Gita ha sparato le onde piu’ grandi che abbia visto ad occhio nudo sulle coste del Queesnland.

Ho surfato a Noosa, riparatissimo, ma il venerdi faceva schifo, sabato era bello ma di grandezza assolutamente normale e pieno come un negozio alla vigilia di natale. Domenica ha iniziato a pompare veramente, ma troppo tardi per me ed ero gia’ in macchina.
Mi sono accontentato di fermarmi per strada a guardare la situazione in mare aperto ed ho fatto il filmato che vedete. Spettacolo.

Sinceramente non so come cazzo hanno fatto quelli ad uscire. Il tipo che se vede remando nella schiuma ha abbandonato dopo 20 minuti..

No comments:

Post a Comment