03 May 2017

My hands

Sometimes I notice my hands.

I’m at work, doing stuff, talking, typing, and suddenly I see my hands coming out of the white cuffs. They are dark, or darker than those of my pale colleagues. And immediately flashes of clear water and sunny skies passes in front of my eyes.  Like echo of moments that I can’t explain to my peers. I can see myself standing on the board, and my body trapped in my work uniform dreams of those movements and poses that seem to be so far away now.
Then I think of me as a surfer. I ask myself if I am a surfer. And I’m puzzled. 
My colleagues think about me doing crazy things like in the magazines. But I don’t. I live a life far from the beach, a life that wasn’t planned to have surfing in it. But in the end I guess I’m a surfer. I spend my time doing tetris with my life commitments in order to be there every week. To slide being still. The wave goes but the water don’t. The board goes down for gravity, but it stays up. You go sideways but you are actually going toward the beach. You are moving, but you don’t have to push. It’s magic.

When I notice my tanned hands coming out of the white cuffs, I think about all of this. And I secretly smile. And it makes me feel good.





Qualche volta noto le mie mani.

Sono a lavoro, faccio cose, parlo, digito sulla tastiera, e ad un certo punto vedo le mie mani abbronzate spuntare dai polsini bianchi. Sono scure, specie se confrontate con quelle pallide dei sudditi della regina. Immediatamente flash di acqua cristallina e sole mi passano davanti agli occhi. Eco di momenti che non posso spiegare a chi mi sta intorno. Mi vedo in piedi sulla tavola e il mio corpo imbalsamato da ufficio brama quelle dinamiche magiche, quelle inclinazioni e posizioni che sembrano lontane anni luce.
Penso allora di essere un surfista. E rimango perplesso. I colleghi alla parola surf immaginano tutto e di piu’. Ma non sono in grado di fare cose da copertina. Il mio essere surfista e’ ritagliato con fatica all’interno di una vita che scorre lontana dalla spiaggia e che non prevedeva nulla di tutto cio’. Eppure, evidentemente lo sono, e faccio qualcosa che per me e’ speciale. Controllo, programmo, sposto impegni, faccio il tetris ogni settimana per mettermi in macchina ed essere li, a scivolare stando fermo, L’onda passa ma l’acqua non si sposta. La tavola scende per gravita’, ma rimane su. Vai di traverso ma stai andando verso la spiaggia. Ti muovi ma non devi spingere. E’ una magia.

Quando noto le mie mani abronzate spuntare dai polsini bianchi, penso a tutto questo.E sorrido tra me e me. E mi fa stare bene.

No comments:

Post a Comment