14 March 2017

Strange month

Yea, I know.
I've been away for quite few weeks.

I don't know. I've been carried away with stuff.

This last 6 months have been a bit crazy.
A new chapter of my personal life has started and it happened while thinking about and preparing for the surf trip in PNG.

I put a lot of mental and physical energy into both personal needs and goals and into a sort of training program for PNG.
Now that things are settling down and the surf trip is (satisfactorily)gone, I felt, and still feel a bit drained.

I had to relax with my swimming pool routine, I relaxed with my eating order (becoming more undisciplined)  and had some good sleeping in.

Last week I lost the occasion to surf (or try to) amazing conditions in the Gold Coast.
But it's ok.
A man gotta do what a man gotta do.

All this to say that this blog is not dead and I'm still here. I just need a bit of time.
I have in mind some nice topics for the near future.

Meanwhile the QuickSilver Pro in Gold Coast is upon us.
For many is a great surfing event.
For me is a pain in the ass. I don't care much of competitive surfing and it only complicates the crowd problem in the area.

I may have to start looking for isolated beach breaks. I hate beach breaks. They are like coitus interruptus. You know what I mean? But they may give me some rest when the surf is average..
I don't know.

---------


Si lo so.
Sono stato via per un po'. Ma non sono andato da nessuna parte.

Devo dire che ci sono stati dei cambiamenti significativi nella mia vita, che sono successi contemporaneamente all'avvicinarsi del surf trip.
Ho speso risorse mentali e fisiche per tenere tutto sotto controllo, affrontare i cambiamenti e prepararmi al viaggio.

Ora che le cose sono tornate alla normalita', in queste ultime settimane mi sono sentito molto fiacco.
Ho tentato di riposare, ho fatto meno visite alla piscina, ho mangiato di piu' e piu' di merda.
Ho anche lasciato perdere due sessioni di surf per poter ricaricare le pile.

Ho surfato ovviamente. Certo. Ma con meno fame di prima. Forse per via del ricordo delle onde prese in PNG e della folla che mi circonda da queste parti che mi impedisce di divertirmi come vorrei.

Insomma un po di cose.
Ma il blog non e' morto e ho in mente qualche idea di cui scrivere presto.

Nel mentre questa settimana inizia il QuickSilver Pro a Coolangatta.
Per molti appare essere una figata.
Per me e' solo una rottura di cazzo che complica il gia' complicato problema della folla.

Negli ultimi giorni ho pensato che forse dovrei mettermi a cercare e surfare qualche beach break isolato. Odio i beach break. Le cavalcato sono come eiaculazioni precoci. Pero' forse riesco a trovare una mezza via. E se cosi fosse, potrei surfare di piu'.
Mah. Non so.



No comments:

Post a Comment