10 February 2017

At the office

Friday morning, team meeting from 9 to 10.

Someone talks about log ins, customer experience, roster issues. I fight against a big yawn, feel my neck a bit stiff. Look down and see my hands sunburned. This morning my reflex in the mirror still showed my eyes red from the salt water. I may look like I’m on drugs actually. But it’s only the after effects of a strategic day off spent catching perfect waves at National Park, Noosa. 

I look around the meeting room. The neon light it’s a big contrast with the overdose of yesterday sun. I’m sitting on a soft chair and thinking about popping up and catch a ride all the way to Little Cove beach. That’s was I was doing yesterday at this exact time. I look around. The others have no idea. It’s going to be a slow and boring day. 
What’s the forecast looking like?

------

Venerdi mattina, riunione di lavoro dalle 9 alle 10.

Qualcuno parla di problemi coi log ins, del servizio clienti, dei turni di lavoro. Trattengo a malapena uno sbadiglio enorme e sento i muscoli del collo affaticati. Guardo in basso e vedo le mie mani bruciate dal sole. Stamane allo specchio avevo ancora gli occhi rossi dal sale. Non ho una bella cera, sembro un drogato in effetti. Ma e' solo il risultato di un giorno di ferie strategico preso per godere delle onde di National Park, Noosa.

Mi guardo intorno. La luce al neon e' un forte contrasto con l'overdose di sole di ieri. Siedo su una sedia morbida e ricordo i pop up con cui ho dato il via a delle cavalcate finite poi alla spiaggia di Little Cove. Era cio' che stavo facendo esattamente ventiquattro ore fa. Mi guardo intorno. Gli altri non ne hanno idea. Si prospetta un lungo e noioso venerdi.
Come sono le previsioni?

2 comments:

  1. Quante volte mi sono sentita così anch'io al rientro al lavoro anche se non lavoro in un ufficio.
    Buon rientro!

    ReplyDelete